Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Casey's Into!

   Hey! This is Casey Coulter and blog topic is sexuality in film! I'll probably post my opinions on this topic as well but I'm going to try to keep them separate from the actual facts! I'm going to be posting about stuff relating to LGBT representation in movies, how characters express their sexuality in movies, how it can affect an audience, etc.

   I think films and movies are an important topic to consider when talking about sexuality because they can greatly influence an audience. Depending on what stance the movie takes on it and if the audience is open to the content, it can have a big impact on our personal views of sexuality. I think popular movies nowadays can challenge or abide by sexual taboos that society imposes and that movies could play a big part in what we think about the theme of sexuality.

   I think that movies are a reflection on the public opinion as a whole, and when the public opinion changes, the expression of sexuality in movies changes too, although it could happen vice versa as well. I found this article and it's quite lovely and way better at trying to explain what I'm trying to say than I am so here you go! Although that article is mostly focused on female sexuality it makes an excellent point that movies can influence a viewers opinion by showing them another perspective on a subject.

   I think that pretty much covers what I'm blogging about this term, I hope you all find my posts enjoyable and enlightening!




-Casey Coulter

No comments:

Post a Comment