Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Morgan Palen's Introductory Post: Rock Music and Sexuality

Hello all!

My name is Morgan and I'll be exploring the topic of sexuality in rock music during my time in this class. Rock music has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, and I get really excited when I find musicians that create music exploring sexuality in a positive way, or musicians that are openly and unabashedly supporters of the LGBTQ movement.

Many rock musicians that you probably already know of including: Rob Halford (Judas Priest), Freddie Mercury (Queen), Beth Ditto (The Gossip), Chuck Panozzo (Styx), Joan Jett (The Runaways), Janis Joplin (Big Brother and the Holding Company/Janis Joplin),  Otep Shamaya (Otep), Michael Stipe (R.E.M.), Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day), Romy Madley Croft (the xx), and Marilyn Manson (Marilyn Manson/Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids) identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, etc.





I hope to enlighten you about anything and everything surrounding the LGBTQ community, sexuality, and it's relation to rock music and rock musicians.

This is an article from another blog that I found that talks about the rock star Marilyn Manson's sexuality and how he portrays himself through his music.

Enjoy!

-Morgan Palen

No comments:

Post a Comment